First Time Parent Recommendations
Here are the carriers we recommend for you:
- Stretchy Wrap: A perfect first carrier--a long piece of soft knit stretchy fabric to tie around your newborn baby. Tap here to see the collection
- Half-buckle meh dai: A combination of a backpack and a wrap, usable from birth to 2 years old. Tap here for the collection (you'll want the standard size for a new baby, not the preschool)
- Long woven wrap: The carrier that keeps on giving-- a long woven wrap is a long piece of woven fabric. It doesn't have stretch, making it safe to use with heavier children and for single layer carries--great if you "run hot"! This style can be used from birth until your little one no longer wants to be carried. The most popular starting size is a size 6. Tap here for the collection.
- Ring Sling: A shorter piece of fabric with sewn-in rings, a ring sling is a simple carrier. Usable from birth through toddlerhood, ring slings are great for quick snuggles for little ones and quick "ups" for older kiddos. Every family should give a ring sling a try for its portability and ease of use. Tap here for the collection. Is your little one especially desperate for snuggles? Shower in peace with a mesh ring sling--made for water fun, including the shower, so you can comfort your baby and meet your needs--check it out here.
- Soft Structured Carrier (SSC): Last but not least, this is the best choice for those who are a little nervous about babywearing, but excited to give it a try. With a buckle waistband and backpack straps, you'll feel right at home. Tap here for our collection of SSCs made to use from 4 weeks old to 2.5 years old.