We want you to love your products from us! We've tried to address some common questions here, but please let us know if we can answer anything else for you.
*Please check banners on the site for updated news information, if applicable*
Where are you located? Where do you ship from?
We operate out of York, PA, USA. All of our shipments ship from here!
Our retail location is 3931 East Market St, York, PA. Shop with us in-person by appt =).
Do you ship internationally? Do you ship to military addresses?
Due to Covid-related delays, as of Nov 2021 we unfortunately are unable to ship to countries outside of the United States in most cases.
Exceptions: We will still deliver to US international military and related address (APO, FPO, etc). Please note that delays can be substantial.
Please be aware that customs can take additional processing time and may assess additional fees upon receipt. We cannot absorb these fees--we're a small company!--but if you need a quote for what to expect them to be, just message us and we will do our best to estimate that for you before you order.
Where is my stuff?
Most orders ship quickly! Our target is to process orders within 1-3 business days. First in Line orders will process first and jump ahead of the line, often processing the same day. After processing, the shipping carrier is responsible for shipping speeds. Estimates at checkout are shipping speed estimates from the carrier once they've accepted the shipment and are estimates. Scans are being delayed and even skipped right now, so it's not unusual for an order to arrive before tracking has updated!
We list items that are here at our PA facility and ready to ship. Should something be on the website by mistake that isn't here yet. we will let you know soon after placing your order. We try to be very upfront and clear about what is in and what isn't, but mistakes happen! Always contact us if you have questions.
If you need something asap, choose First in Line at checkout and leave us a note in the cart. You may also reach out to confirm we will be able to deliver in time for your item.
***No, really, where is it? The era of COVID-19
A friendly reminder we all live in the same world, which is a little upside-down right now! My packing speed is mostly the same, although I am seeing some delays incoming. Shipping speeds, however, are vastly different right now. Your tracking number and your shipping carrier can provide you with more information than I can, but here is what I am seeing and what I am doing about it:
- Shipping for all carriers is seeing delays. Everywhere--this is not an exclusive problem to my shop! There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to which orders gets delayed and which don't. Most *domestic* orders I've sent have arrived within their scheduled time frame, but I am still seeing delays. I am shipping out as quickly as possible.
- If you NEED something by a certain date, my best advice is to:
1-Message/call/email me prior to order. I can let you know when I can realistically get your order out and the soonest you can expect it to arrive, and
2-Choose Priority Mail Express or UPS Next Day Air(R). These are the only guaranteed services still have running right now, and they are only valid in the US. This means that if your shipment is delayed (some areas are 2 day for Priority Mail Express, please contact prior to ordering with questions), you will get your money back from the post office or UPS (through a refund from my shop)
3- Choose First in Line service - this flags your order for me to process first
- Please note, shipping speeds are always estimates, but right now, please consider them wishful thinking under the best possible scenario. Many items will arrive in the window estimated, some will not. As of June 2021, I am still seeing random order delays.
- Please understand, I have no control over what happens to your order once it goes out. If you are concerned and want additional insurance, please contact me prior to ordering and also consider Priority Mail Express or UPS Next Day Air(R) shipping speeds.
- First Class Mail is NOT insured by default. If you want insurance on a First Class package, please contact me prior to ordering. Generally, I am recommending all shipments go out Priority Mail for this reason
- Incoming shipments are still moving, but we are still seeing customs delays as of June 2021
- Incoming orders are contact-less. All incoming cartons are wiped down with disinfectant before processing. I wash my hands prior to packing all orders. My family is vaccinated to protect your family. Most orders are going out via contact-less pickup.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Expect a minimum of 6 weeks transport time. I ship everything from the US. Some countries are still limiting incoming shipments at the border. Some are only expecting/sending mail by sea. Once the order leaves my hands, it is the responsibility of the shipper. Shippers worldwide are working with limited staff, quarantine rules and laws, and huge demand. We are all doing our absolute best. ADVICE: Order the fastest possible shipping. Check your country's import status prior to ordering. If you would like additional shipping options, or want to understand what each option's coverage is like, contact me prior to ordering. POLICY: I cannot and will not refund orders due to shipping delays. No carrier is honoring international shipping guarantees or estimated times. If your order arrives too late for you to use it, refuse your unopened order immediately on arrival. Any charges incurred will be deducted from your refund once I have the order in hand, including our regular restocking fee. I do apologize for the delays, but this is outside of our control and I cannot take responsibility for these issues once they leave us. HOW I AM MITIGATING THIS: Moving forward, all international orders will have an additional handling fee to cover additional insurance costs to protect you in the event a package is declared missing. I sincerely apologize for these issues and hope that things will start moving again soon.
- Please, ask any questions you have prior to ordering. We are extremely responsive and will get back to you as soon as possible. We understand that everything can feel urgent in this time of crisis, but please remember I am a very small shop with a family of my own. It is much easier to solve many problems and misunderstandings before ordering than once it has been shipped or arrives at your door. We can help you understand fit, care, ship times, policies, etc. Please do not hesitate to reach out
- Thank you for your business and your patience in this time. I truly appreciate each and every interaction I have with all of you. I hope that I am able to bring a small amount of joy to your day with the wonderful products and services we offer. Thank you again, as always.
Do you offer layaway or payment plans?
We do! You can read more about our free better-than-layaway option with Sezzle here: https://mama-roo.com/pages/layaway
Do you offer discounts?
You can check out our clearance section here: https://mama-roo.com/collections/clearance
Here is our discount policy with ways to sign up for any offers we may be running: https://mama-roo.com/pages/discount-policy
Join our email & SMS lists and follow us on social media (@mamaandroos on Facebook and Instagram) to keep up with any special offers
Can I cancel or change my order?
We start to process orders immediately and can't guarantee that an order can be cancelled or changed. If you need to cancel or change an order, please call or text 717-814-8538 and/or message us at facebook.com/mamaandroos as soon as possible.
If it is too late to cancel or change your order, your order will fall under our returns/exchange policy here: https://mama-roo.com/policies/refund-policy
You may refuse delivery by bringing your unopened package back to the shipping carrier. We will process this as a return. Please know that there may not be tracking on the return shipment when refused this way.
What is a special / custom order? What does it mean to order something in? Can I return a special / custom order?
There are 2 types of special orders:
1- Ordering something in. This is when an item we would typically carry or already carry but are temporarily out of stock of is reserved for you in an incoming shipment. Special orders of items that Mama & Roo's would otherwise carry fall under the same return policy as any other order (https://mama-roo.com/policies/refund-policy). These items may take 4 weeks to arrive, depending on customs. You will pay for the order prior to receiving the item and we will let you know when it is here and ready to ship to you.
2- Custom orders. These are items not regularly available on Mama & Roo's website, including custom fabrics we do not typically carry, items that are unadvertised, and custom fabric colors and items. Special orders that are custom are NOT refundable and not eligible for return. These must be paid in full prior to having them made and may take 4 weeks to arrive, depending on customs. We will ship to you as soon as they arrive here
What is First in Line?
First in Line service bumps your order to the front of the line - we pull First in Line orders first. Sometimes this means you order ships the day of your purchase and sometimes the following day, but it processes first and before any other orders.
More about shipping here: https://mama-roo.com/policies/shipping-policy
Can I order Expedited Shipping?
Expedited shipping can be selected at checkout. We offer services from USPS and UPS. All orders ship from the East Coast, so please be aware that shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, California, Washington state, Texas, and other West Coast states do take longer than shipping to other areas on the east coast.
What are these different shipping services, anyway?
Here are the differences between shipping services. Please remember orders take 1-3 business days to process prior to shipping and then shipping speeds can vary. Estimates at checkout are estimates. Please reach out prior to ordering if timing is urgent. All items ship from the East Coast (Pennsylvania).
To estimate USPS timing, you can also use this tool. This is an estimate only, depending on the exact time that packages are accepted. Use 17402 as the ship-from zipcode: https://postcalc.usps.com/
To estimate UPS timing, you can use this tool. This is an estimate only, depending on the exact time that packages are accepted. Use 17402 as the ship-from zipcode: https://wwwapps.ups.com/time
First Class package - USPS shipping for orders less than 1lb. Not insured. Can take 3-8 business days. Moves on weekends. Delivers M-F and Saturdays.
UPS Ground - UPS economy shipping. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Can take 1-8 business days depending on distance to destination. Does not travel by air. Slowest UPS service. Delivers M-F. Only delivers on Saturdays to certain zip codes.
USPS Priority Mail - Estimated 1-3 business days in typical times, 1-5 in Covid-19 times. Moves on weekends. Delivers M-F and Saturdays.
USPS Priority Mail Express - Guaranteed (by the post office) 1-2 days (depending on zip code) once accepted. Delivers 7 days a week.
UPS 3 Day Select - Estimated 3 business days. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Delivers M-F.
UPS 2nd Day Air - Estimated 2 business days. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Delivers M-F.
UPS Next Day Air Saver - Guaranteed (by UPS) next business day (once accepted) by 11:59pm. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Delivers M-F.
UPS Next Day Air - Guaranteed (by UPS) next business day (once accepted) by 1:30pm. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Delivers M-F.
UPS Next Day Air Early- Guaranteed (by UPS) next business day (once accepted) by morning. Does not move on weekends, only business days. Delivers M-F.
For next day shipping service, we usually recommend UPS Next Day Air Saver or USPS Priority Mail Express, depending on your zip code and day of the week ordered. Be sure to add First in Line for fastest processing.
Can I return or exchange my order?
See our return policy here: https://mama-roo.com/policies/refund-policy
What size carrier do I need?
Onbuhimo: Baby/standard size (Lenny Lamb) and Didymos Onbuhimo (DidyGo) will fit from 4 months (sitting unassisted) to 2T pants. For children already in 2T pants, choose the Toddler size (Lenny Lamb)
Stretchy Wrap: Newborn to approx. 22lbs
LennyGo: Baby/standard size will fit from 4 months (sitting unassisted) to 2T pants. For children already in 2T pants, choose the Toddler size (Lenny Lamb)
Lenny Upgrade: Fits from 4wks old to 2T pants
Lenny Hybrid / DidyKlick: Fits newborn to 24 month pants
Preschool carriers: Fits from 1-6 years old
Wrap Tai: Mini fits well from 4 months to 18 months old. Toddler fits well from 10 months to 2T+
Didy Meh Dai: Fits newborn to 24 month pants
Long woven wrap: See article here: https://mama-roo.com/blogs/gentle-pregnancy-and-parenting/what-size-wrap-do-i-need-long-woven-wrap-sizing
Ring Sling: Most caregivers find our standard size (1.8m / 1R) sufficient. If you are US size 12+, especially when carrying an older child, you may find the 2.1m more comfortable. For safety, you want a minimum of 12" of fabric to hang from the rings while the child is in the carrier.
How do I care for my new carrier?
See our care guide here: https://mama-roo.com/pages/care-guide
Which carrier is right for me?
How do I use my new carrier?
Check out our tutorials in our Journal
I have another question
See our contact form here.
Ready for your new favorite carrier? Shop what's new here: https://mama-roo.com/collections/new-arrivals