Ahhh, summer days are here in full swing again in the States, and what's on the mind of every babywearing parent: How do I stay cool in this heat???
Babywearing, by its nature, is warm--it's two warm bodies snuggled up next to each other, after all. But that doesn't mean all hope is lost! We will be going over different ways to stay cool while wearing in an upcoming article, but right now, let's talk about fabric options, specifically: Linen!
Linen baby carriers are incredible carrier for summer weather for several reasons!
- Linen fibers are highly moisture absorbent-- much more so than cotton. This means that when you sweat while wearing baby, instead of feeling drippy and uncomfortable, the carrier will help wick the moisture, leaving you cool and comfortable instead
- Cool touch: Like bed sheets, linen carrier fabrics are cool to the touch, helping you feel breezier
- Breathable, for long-lasting fun: Whether you're looking at a wrap, onbuhimo, soft structured carrier, or any other Lenny Lamb carrier, you can rest assured you will feel the breathability of this incredible fabric. Wrap conversion carriers convey the benefits of cozy and breathable wrap fabric in any style that meets your family's needs
- Cozy and comfy: Your little one will sigh into the luxurious feel of linen and will want to keep the snuggles going for as long as you'd like. Sleep dust, anyone?
- Beautiful: Linen is made from flax plants harvested by hand, which give the fabric its stunning sheen
- Lasts your whole babywearing journey: Linen fibers are durable and hold up well to the demands of babywearing throughout your journey
- Clean up easy: Linen is simple for care for, meaning you can wear your linen carrier in the "real world" without hesitation. Let the summer fun begin!
You might like linen if:
- You love to be out in the sun with your little one
- Breathability and coolness are a must
- You live somewhere it gets hot!
- You want a carrier that can last a long time and is easy to care for
- You need something that holds up to moisture (Note: not intended for submerging in water)
The biggest complaint people make about linen is that it could be "diggy." Linen has less given to it than cotton, and for some, certain carries in wrap or ring slings put too much pressure on the shoulder. Lenny Lamb's linen fabrics are more plush, but! Carriers with arm bands like the LennyGo, Lenny Upgrade, Lenny Preschool Carrier, and Onbuhimo are unlikely to experience this if you are someone who is sensitive to fabric give.
Think you'd like to give linen a go? Check out our in-stock and incoming linen items here