Lenny Upgrade, Light and Shadow
Fabric: 100% cotton
Light and Shadow, Basic Line, Broken Twill Weave
Fabric weight (not mesh weight): 200 gsm
A lovely neutral in horizontal evenly spaced stripes in black and light grey, Light and Shadow is light and cozy. A versatile and stunning basic line carrier suitable from newborn (4-6 wks) to 2T pants.
The Upgrade is the perfect carrier to take you from newborn through toddlerhood. Fits most children from 4-6 weeks old to 2.5 years (2T pants). If your child is already in 2T, we recommend starting with the Lenny Preschool Carrier or the LennyGo - Toddler instead.
The Upgrade has extra features and adjustments that make this a great choice for children who need extra head support, due to age/size or to developmental delays.
Weight range: 7lbs-44lbs
Includes carrier, removable hood, removable lumbar pad, and storage bag.
Adjustable Lenny UpGrade carrier features:
- Safety: complies with the ASTM F2236-16a norms and PD CEN / TR 16512 : 2015 norms
- Closeness: babywear and bond from the first months of life
- Comfort: ultimate adjustment options customize the shape of the panel and shoulder straps to provide perfect adjustment and ergonomic position of the baby in every stage of the child’s development
- Versatility: one carrier from newborn (above 7lbs) to toddler (up to 44lbs!); safe babywearing from 4 weeks old
- Flexibility: two ways of babywearing (front carry from the birth and back carry from the fourth month of life)
- Quality: all manufacturing process located in one place in Poland
- Beauty: unique fabric woven in the LennyLamb weaving studio
- Shelter: adjustable hood which can be used to protect your baby’s head, providing comfort and support for naps and shelter from the sun
While wearing a very small baby a carrier adapter might be helpful in making the shoulder straps longer, which allows fastening the straps under the baby's bum, maximum shortening of the panel and correct positioning. The adapter is sold separately. Available here.
ATTENTION: The color of the buttons can vary from the one presented in the pictures. Depending on the LOT of the product, the straps regulating the size of the carrier's panel can be solid black or in the colorway of the carrier.
The LennyUpGrade carrier has been acknowledged as a "hip healthy" product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
*Suck pads and reach straps are available separately*
Carrier dimensions and sizing:
The most important sizing to consider is knee to knee support (bottom width) and adequate panel height (keeping in mind little one's bottom will be out in the panel of the carrier, so that will take a bit more fabric). This carrier fits most children from 4-6 weeks old to about 2.5 years old. Over a year old, the carrier does not necessarily need to go from knee to knee as long as the child's legs feel well supported. Usually this means the carrier goes from mid-thigh to mid-thigh. Children with good head support can be worn arms in or arms out. If arms out, the panel should come up no longer than about the arm pit level so the child cannot topple backwards. For a child who needs head support, the panel should come up to the top of the ear, but not higher, so that the airway is unobstructed. The hood can be used as additional support as desired, always being mindful of the child's airway.
hood: max 36cm / 14in
Top width: 21 - 27cm / 8 - 10.5in
Height: 34-40 cm / 13.5 - 15.5in
mid-width: 43 cm / 17in
bottom width: 16-45 cm / 6-17.5in
all measurements + or - 3cm / 1"
Ethically made in Poland.
Ships from the US! (As do all our items =) )
Orders over $50 ship free to the US