This 4 week class is designed for those who don't have enough time for a 12 week Bradley class series but who would still like to understand:
- The basics of a normal labor and delivery
- How to manage pain
- How to stay low risk and healthy
- What challenges and interventions they may encounter (and what to do about them)
- How to be well supported by their partners/support persons
Each session will include labor rehearsal, activities, and video enrichment.
Workbook, phone/email support, and additional resources are included.
Class meets once a week for 4 weeks.
Each class session is 2.5 hours long.
Class meets in East York, PA. Specific address will be sent after sign-up. Contact us with any questions!
Private sessions are also available.
***Remote class options now available!***
Week 1 – The Basics
- Basic pain management strategies
- How to stay healthy and low risk
- Labor Stages
- How your partner/support person can help
Week 2 – Labor Support
- Advanced pain management strategies and options
- Positions and advanced techniques
- When to leave for the birth place
- What is a normal labor and birth?
Week 3 – Planning your birth
- Priorities: how to decide what is most important to you
- Common challenges and interventions
- How to avoid major interventions/complications (Cesarean. episiotomy, induction)
- How to tell if your provider is on the same page as you
Week 4—The First Days
- 3rd stage labor
- Preparing for postpartum and the fourth trimester
- Bonding and recovery
- What to expect in the early days
Add-on class options available:
- Breastfeeding class
- Baby care class
Instructor Alexandra Puppelo, MA, is fully affiliated with the AAHCC. This is not a Bradley Method class.
***Disclaimer: Alexandra Puppelo, MA, is not a medical professional. Course content and instruction shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. For medical questions about your pregnancy, labor, delivery, and postpartum concerns, consult your medical provider. ***