Breastfeeding ClassRegular price $35.00 Save $-35.00
All about breastfeeding! Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn't mean it's always easy or intuitive. This class will give you a solid foundation of how to establish, build, and maintain an adequate milk supply for however long you choose to nurse.
- Establishing supply: best practices for the early days
- How to get a good latch
- Breastfeeding positions to try
- Breastfeeding after a difficult birth, Cesarean, and/or NICU stay
- What is normal? Infant feeding frequency/amounts, routines, sleep, symptoms, weight gain, diaper output
- What is abnormal? Troubleshooting, problems, how to tell if baby is gaining enough and growing adequately
- Solving common( and less common) problems and addressing concerns: Engorgement, mastitis, plugged ducts, low supply, over supply, tongue/lip ties, inverted/flat nipples, breast pump flange sizes, and much more!
- Pumping! When to pump, how to pump, working and pumping, tips and tricks to make it easier, more effective, and more comfortable
- Hand expression: Why should you learn this, when, and how
- Weaning: How to decide it's time to wean, how to wean, things to keep in mind
- Sleep and the breastfeeding parent
- How to prepare in pregnancy
- How your partner/support persons can help
- Benefits of breastfeeding for mom and baby
Course includes video and resources along with instruction
***Remote option now available!***
Partners and other support persons are encouraged to attend as well at no extra cost!
Class is 2.5 hours long and is held online and in a private home in East York. Contact for details at time of booking.
See also: Childbirth Class series
Recommended reading: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, a La Leche League publication
Instructor: Alexandra Puppelo, MA, AAHCC
Alexandra has years of breastfeeding experience through almost every challenge out there! She is also fully affiliated with the AAHCC. This is not a Bradley Method(TM) class.
Image by StockSnap from Pixabay