Mamivac Cherry-Shaped Nipple Shield is a silicone nipple that is placed over the maternal nipple to make it easier for the infant to latch. For mothers with true inverted nipples or infants with oral abnormalities, this is a good way to facilitate breastfeeding until time is given to correct the essential problem. Mamivac Nipple Shields come in multiple sizes and shapes, Small Cherry, Medium Cherry, Small Conical, Medium Conical, Large Conical.
- Includes two (2) 18mm (small) cherry-shaped nipple shields with carrying case
- Cherry shape is ideal for flat, inverted, or short-stemmed nipples as it fits more closely to the nipple when fully drawn out
- Easy to keep clean and easy to carry with convenient case.
- Use to help sore and sensitive nipples
- Keeps baby close to your skin
Offered through Spectra. Spectra Baby USA is a team of lactation consultants and pumping mamas that take this journey very seriously. They want to help provide moms all around the world access to a good quality pump to provide breast milk for their babies.
*Moms are encouraged to buy and use nipple shields with the assistance of a lactation consultant or healthcare specialist.*
Two factors should be taken into consideration when purchasing a nipple shield:
1. The nipple shield should fit tighter than a breast shield/flange and the size of the baby's mouth should be taken into consideration.
2. The nipple shield should be about 1-2 mm bigger than the diameter of the nipple. e.g. A 16mm diameter nipple can use an 18mm nipple shield.